Transformed to be Good Neighbors
Passage: Luke 10:25-37
I. What is the motivation to be a good neighbor?
II. What does it mean to be a good neighbor?
III. What to do when we fail to be a good neighbor?
- What assumption is in the question, “What shall I do to inherit eternal life?” Why does this seem to be a contradiction?
- Why would God’s love be the motivation to love others – proving to be a good neighbor?
- How do we tend to try to justify ourselves and our actions? What is a ‘good neighbor’?
- Where have you done well and where have you failed?
- How does this call to be a good neighbor change the way you always thought of this parable (or does it)?
- How does the gospel enable us to be good neighbors?
- When we fail at being a good neighbor, what can we do? What comfort does that bring?