The Parable of the Talents
Passage: Matthew 25:14-46
I. Faithfulness Required
II. Faithfulness Defined
III. Faithfulness Empowered
IV. Faithfulness Rewarded
- Talk about a time when you were a steward rather than an owner of something. How did you treat what you were stewarding differently than if you had owned it?
- How does viewing yourself as a steward of God’s gifts, abilities, and resources change the way you approach using them?
- Discuss Membership Vow #4: "Do you promise to support the Church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?" How do feel like you’re doing in the area of putting your gifts to work for God’s Kingdom?
- At the center of service and love is a cross; Death for me means life for you. How do you see this dynamic in v35-36? How does this help you love practically in the day-to-day? Give examples.
- Jesus tells the righteous that when they showed mercy to “the least of these my brothers, you did it to me” (v40). Discuss that.