The Parable of the Ten Virgins
Passage: Matthew 25:1-13
I. The Nature of His Coming
II. The Preparation for His Coming
III. The Result of His Coming
- Talk about a time when you were unprepared for something. How did that go?
- Discuss what it’s like to prepare for something. How soon do you start beforehand? How does getting ready reveal what we value?
- Can you think of any promises the Bible gives us about the return of Christ? What aspect of it are you looking forward to the most?
- In this parable the groom is “delayed” in arriving. How does that help us wait for Jesus’ return?
- It was only “those who were ready” that “went in with him to the marriage feast” (Matt.25:10). In what ways would your life change if you were to live with a greater sense of “readiness” for Jesus’ return?