The Laborers in the Vineyard
Passage: Matthew 20:1-16
**This week's sermon did not get recorded**
I. A Good Master
II. Grace at all Hours
III. The Generosity of God
- If you were one of the people who worked the entire day, how would you have felt about those who worked only one hour being paid the same wage as you? Can you think of an example in your life where this has happened? How did you respond?
- What are the signs of ingratitude in Jesus’ story? What about in your life?
- Jesus says (of God), “Am I not allowed to do what I choose with what belongs to me?” Respond to that statement. Is it hard for you to accept?
- Where do you still live as if God is beholden to you? What would repentance look like? How do you remind yourself that you belong to God and not the other way around?
- Spend time talking and praying together, naming all the things you have to be grateful for.